Warming Up Your Home For Fall
For Kelly personally, this is the first real fall she’s been through in close to 4 decades. Being from Hawaii, prep for fall meant nothing more than buying a pumpkin for Halloween and candy for trick or treaters. Debra’s favorite season by far is fall and getting ready for the upcoming winter. We have tips on how to get your home looking fab for fall and that warmth to entice guests and family alike. Let’s make this the warmest most enjoyable time for you and yours!
Have a tip for fall? Share it with us in the comments. We’d love to feature you!
Today, we are helping you prep your home & your life for the amazing season ahead!
“Once we hit 40, women only have about four taste buds left. One for vodka, one for wine, one for cheese and one for chocolate.” ~ Gina Barreca
Word of show is FALL.
For More Tips and Tricks on Bringing Fall into Your Home, Visit the Women On Wine Pinboard:
Adding Autumn To Your Home
Debra and Kelly
What wine is in our glasses?
In Debra’s Glass: Tres Sabores * Por Que No?
Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Cabernet, and Petit Verdot.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Update your centerpiece on the dining room table.
2. It’s all about pumpkin – candles, breads, soup bowls, buy them now and carve them later!
3. Cloves and Cinnamon Pomanders: Display oranges studded with dried whole cloves for a festive and fragrant addition to your fall decor. Cinnamon in a small dish… add water… microwave for 2 minutes… voila!
4. Velvety plush throw blankets on the backs of your couch and chairs.
5. Time to focus on the fireplace again! White or Orange mini lights… fall foliage, corn husks, pumpkins…
6. Door Wreaths – Use all those old corks you have been saving and give them new life with some festive door decor!
7. Flower Boxes: Add pumpkins to your flower boxes and transition into fall grasses and colorful mums and lettuces to add pop!
In Kelly’s Glass: Joel Gott * 2014 Pinot Gris
Stone fruit & floral notes. On the palate, the wine is bright, well balanced, with citrus flavors and a wonderfully heady finish. Pair this fabulous white with just about everything. Kelly would serve this with a garam masala crusted chicken with fig jous. (PIN RECIPE)
Tips and Tricks:
1. Buy a coat – wear it.
ps. Don’t forget to LIKE our Facebook Page! We share the upcoming show topics there and let you know when the gals are LIVE in the #WomenOnWine Twitter stream to chat with you about the show! Stay connected on social with the #WomenOnWine hashtag all week!
The Founders and Your Hosts: